Rehealth Yourself Recommends
Its 2019 and many people want to eat healthier. Here is a list of my top 5 foods I recommend eating more of.
1. Plain Greek yogurt. Greek Yogurt has become very popular. If flavored yogurt was your big achievement so far, take it up a notch and switch to plain. Try adding some fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries. You’ll reduce your sugar intake by more than half. Additionally, you’ll avoid all sorts of unnecessary ingredients used to preserve the fruit and fake flavors inside the yogurt.
2. Berries. Fresh or frozen, berries are rich in antioxidants, sweet and tasty. Add them to salads, smoothies, and yogurt. Try to buy Organic or wild to avoid any unnecessary chemicals or preservatives.
3. Avocados. With more potassium than a banana, and the highest protein content of any fruit, avocados are a nutrition powerhouse. There's no need to fear the fats in avocado, as they are mostly the healthy, unsaturated fats. Add a few slices of avocado to your salad or in a fresh salsa. Look for Avocados that are firm/soft but not hard.
4. Nuts. Are the perfect snack. Buy them in the bulk, unsalted and raw. Mix several kinds together for a different taste. They are full of protein and have lots of healthy fat to keep you full. Limit yourself to about ½ cup a day.
5. Hummus. Full of heart healthy fats, high in protein and very satisfying. Available in multiple flavors, hummus is made from garbanzo beans that are a great source of fiber. When buying hummus, make sure there are no additives or preservatives added. Hummus is very easy to make. See the attached recipe. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus